Happy New Year! We would like to welcome everyone back to school for the Winter Quarter. As always, there is much going on this quarter including the Great Kindness Challenge, Jump Rope for Heart, Speech Contest, Harry Potter Night, Chalk Walk, and Read Across America. Please check our blog regularly for up to the minute information. We also encourage everyone to join Twitter for pictures and information about what is happening at Rohr. Twitter is a great way to follow what is happening with our Rohr Lions.
Remember, school begins on Tuesday, January 15 and it is a minimum day. School begins promptly at 8:15 am for all students. Please make it a goal to be at school and on time daily! 1st-3rd students are dismissed at 12:45 p.m., 4th-6th grade students will be dismissed at 1:00 p.m., and our Kindergarten students are dismissed at 12:00 p.m on Tuesday. We are so excited to see you all at school in a few days.
Letter from Mrs. Williamson
A letter went out to the community on Sunday regarding Mrs. Williamson’s maternity leave for quarter 3. A copy of the letter can be found below in both English and Spanish.
Maternity Leave January 2019- English
Maternity Leave January 2019- Spanish
This week the PTA will be sponsoring the Winter Store in room 206. Items will be available for purchase before and after school for students. Stop by and browse the purchase for someone special.
MINGLE N JINGLE
This Friday, December 21, 2018 we will be having our first annual “Mingle N Jingle” event hosted by our very own PTA. We will be having a special guest St. Nicholas to take pictures with and hot chocolate will be served. The event will take place after-school in the quad area. Kindergarten students may begin taking pictures at 12:00 p.m., followed by primary students at 12:45 p.m., and upper grade students at 1:00 p.m.
LOST AND FOUND
As the second quarter comes to a close, please be sure to stop by the lost and found to identify any of your child’s belongings. We will be donating all unclaimed items on Friday, December 21st.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, December 17:Winter Store Opens
- Wednesday, December 19: Shelter in Place Drill (2:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, December 20: Superstar Assembly K-2nd (8:30 a.m.)/Superstar Assembly 3rd-6th (9:30 a.m.)
- Friday, December 21: ROARing Rally for Slime a Surprise Guest and Silly String the Principal (8:15 a.m.)/Preschool Winter Performance/Mingle ‘n’ Jingle (12:00 p.m.)/Winter Store Closes/Report Cards Go Home
- December 24-January 14-Winter Vacation
- January 15-Students Return/Minimum Day
Our winter performance of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer will be Tuesday, December 4 at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium. We are looking forward to having our students perform their drama and singing skills.
School Site Council Meeting
This Friday we will be having our school site council meeting in room 206. Join us in room 206 as we discuss the upcoming budget for the 2019-2020 school year and current site paid positions.
Soccer Coaches Needed
Do you love soccer? Are you interested in working with elementary students? If you answered yes to either of these questions, we want to hear from you. We are currently looking for adults to coach our intramural soccer teams for the 2019 season. If you are interested or would like to know more information, please contact Erin Williamson at (619)425-
Snapshot of the Week
- Tuesday, December 4: DAC/DELAC Meeting (12:00 p.m.)/Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Performance (6:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, December 5: Fire Drill (2:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, December 6: PTA Executive Board Meeting (2:30 p.m.)
- Friday, December 7: SSC Meeting in Room 206 (7:15 a.m.)
- December 14-Jingle Jog
- December 17-21-Winter Store with Kids First
- December 18-Shelter in Place
- December 21-Preschool Winter Performance
- December 24-January 11-Winter Vacation
- January 14-Teachers Return
- January 15-Students Return
Our Thanksgiving break is in full swing, from November 19 and continues through November 23. Students and Staff will return on Monday, November 26. We hope you all enjoy a restful and joyous week with your family and friends!
We want to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for our entire Rohr community! Our students are kind, hard working, respectful, and understanding. Each student in his or her unique way contributes to what makes Rohr an amazing place to be! Thank you for sharing your children with us. We are so fortunate to be part of their academic and social journey! Our staff is the best around! We are so grateful for their commitment to our students. Their passion for bringing the best in each of our students is inspiring! Our parents devote time, talent and resources to supporting our work with our students! Whether it is through volunteering at school events, donating items and funds to events at school or serving on our PTA, ELAC, SSC, or in the classroom! We appreciate your partnership! We love our Lions Family! We are so grateful for all of you!
Last week, every student received a yellow Federal Survey Card. Please complete the yellow form as soon as possible and return to your child’s teacher. The survey helps all schools qualify for Federal Impact Aid. We greatly appreciate your participation in filling out this important survey.
Please join us this Friday for our Fall Festival from 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. All community members and families are free to join us. We will have food, games, and inflatables for our families to enjoy. Wristbands and tickets for the games are for sale before and after school all this week, stop by and get your tickers today! We are looking forward to seeing all of you this Friday!
VETERANS DAY HOLIDAY
Monday, November 12th is Veterans Day. School will be closed on that day.
Snapshot of the Week
- Tuesday, November 6: Election Polls in Rohr Auditorium
- Wednesday, November 7: Fire Drill (9:30 a.m.)
- Thursday, November 8: School Site Council Meeting (7:15 a.m.)
- Friday, November 9: Fall Festival (4:30 p.m.)
- November 12- No School-Veteran’s Day Observed
- November 13-Federal Survey Cards Due
- November 15-PTA Executive Board Meeting