Read Across America
This week we are so excited to celebrate Dr. Seuss and literacy with our students. There are many events planned for the week, which can be found here! We are still looking for volunteers for the Chalk Walk, so please let us know if you would like to volunteer. It is with great sadness that we had to cancel Harry Potter Night this year due to lack of participation. We look forward to bringing the event back next year!
On Wednesday, March 3rd @ 1:30 p.m for kinder/1st grade students and 2:00-2:45 p.m. for 2nd-6th grade students, come read with your child out on the grass. You can bring blankets and beach chairs to sit in the grass. On Friday, March 6th we will have our Character Parade from 8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m.! All students, staff, and parents are encouraged to come to school dressed as their favorite book character
Morning Arrival Expectations
Don’t forget that all students are to report to breakfast in the cafeteria or the lower blacktop to walk laps when they arrive early in the morning. Students are not to be waiting in front of classrooms until the bell rings at 8:11 a.m. Please assist us in reminding our students of the procedures to ensure the safety of all our students.
Rohr Elementary and CVESD are seeking your input regarding our Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) goals. We are using the online tool Thoughtexchange (click here for Español) to gather your input, NOW through March 20. You can read about the current LCAP here.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Our Spring Parent Teacher Conferences begin Thursday, March 12 and end Friday, March 20. Please make every effort to attend the scheduled conference to discuss your child’s progress. Our teachers and students will share very important information and you will have an opportunity to ask questions about your child’s progress this school year. For more information about Parent Teacher Conferences please click on CONFERENCES.
Please remember that all 1st-3rd grade students are dismissed at 12:45 p.m. and 4th-6th grade students are dismissed at 1:00 p.m. throughout the conference schedule. Kindergarten students will attend from 8:15 am to 12:00 p.m each day from March 12 through March 20. Please make appropriate arrangements for pick up with our modified schedule.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, March 2, 2020: “Get Comfy with a Book” Pajama Day
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020: “Read to Succeed” Career Day
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020: “Fun in the Sun” Wear bright colors or sun gear/ Pocket Poetry at Recess/Reading Fun in the Sun with Families (1:30 p.m./2:15 p.m.)
- Thursday, March 5, 2020: ” Readers Always Win” Sports Day/Chalk Walk/PTA Elections (3:15 p.m.)
- Friday, March 6, 2020: Dress as Your Favorite Book Character-Character Parade (8:30 a.m.)/Book Exchange
- March 9-March 13: Scholastic BOGO Book Fair
- March 10: DAC/DELAC Meeting
- March 11: 6th Grade Promotion Picture
- March 12: Parent Conferences Begin
- March 12: ROARing Rally
- March 19:Superstar Assemblies