RED RIBBON WEEK
Mark your calendars now for Rohr’s Red Ribbon Week. The week, October 22-26, will include an all school assembly with many other activities throughout the week. The theme this year is Life is Your Journey, Travel Drug Free.
Thank you to all our Rohr families that joined us for the 4th Annual Parent Academy! We appreciate you joining us for a great day of learning!
CHARACTER PARADE/TRICK OR TRUNK
We will be having our Character Parade and Trick or Trunk event on Friday, October 26. Flyers will go home this week with more details regarding both events.
Snapshot of the Week
- Tuesday, October 16: ELAC Meeting (8:30 a.m.)
- Wednesday, October 17: Fall Picture Make-Ups
- Thursday, October 18: SSC Meeting (7:15 a.m.)/California Great Shakeout (10:18 a.m.)/PTA Executive Board Meeting in Room 206 (6:00 p.m.)
- October 23-Red Ribbon Week Begins
- October 24-BMX Healthy Living Assembly
- October 26-Character Parade “Trick Your Trunk”
- October 31-Height and Weight Project
Thank you all for a wonderful first quarter! Our fall break is here and begins on Monday, September 24th and continues through Monday, October 8th. Our sixth grade students will report to school Monday, October 8th at 8:00 a.m. to head off to camp. All kindergarten-5th grade students will return on Tuesday, October 9th with a full day of instruction for all students. Our front office is closed during the break and will re-open on Monday, October 8th from 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Enjoy the time to relax, rejuvenate, and enjoy time with your child!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences have begun and continue through Thursday, September 21, 2018. Remember, all 1st-3rd grades students will be dimissed at 12:45 p.m. and 4th-6th grade students will be dismissed at 1:00 p.m during the conference period. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 12:00 p.m. Please make appropriate transportation and child care arrangements. We look forward to seeing more parents at parent teacher conferences this week.
Our fall break will begin on Monday, September 24th and continue through Monday, October 8th. School will resume on Tuesday, October 9th with a full day of instruction. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 2:30 p.m. and 1st-6th grade students will be dismissed at 2:45 p.m.
Please join us for our monthly ELAC meeting. We will meet on Tuesday, September 18th at 8:30 am in our auditorium! We will be sharing and discussing the different ways parents can become involved in their child’s learning at school. Breakfast will be provided, we hope to see you there!
Please join our Rohr Staff and our PTA for our annual night at McDonald’s. The fun begins on Tuesday, September 18 @ 5:00 p.m. and will end @ 8:00 p.m. Come see your favorite teacher “working” at McDonald’s. Our PTA will be selling McDonald’s $5 Coupon Books in the restaurant lobby. We hope to see all of our families at the McDonalds in the Sunbow Center on E. Palomar.
4th Annual Parent Academy
Save the date! Learn about tools, strategies, and resources to support your child’s success in school. Sessions will include Math, Writing, Reading, ELD, Technology, Health and Wellness, VAPA and more. Breakfast will be provided for all. Our district’s Parent Academy is coming on Saturday, October 13 at Vista Square Elementary from 8:00 am-12:00 pm. Registrationwill begin soon. We hope to see you there!
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, September 17: Parent Conferences-Minimum Day
- Tuesday, September 18:Parent Conferences-Minimum Day/ELAC Meeting in Auditorium (8:30 a.m.)/McTeacher Night (5:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, September 19: Parent Conferences-Minimum Day
- Thursday, September 20: Parent Conferences-Minimum Day/Superstar Awards Assembly K-3rd (8:30 a.m.)/Superstar Awards Assembly (4th-6th) 9:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 21: Parent Conferences-Minimum Day
- September 24-October 8-Fall Break
- October 8-October 12-Sixth Grade Camp
- October 9-Students Return for a Full Day of Learning
Please join us for our monthly ELAC meeting. We will meet on Tuesday, September 18th at 8:30 am in our auditorium! We hope to see you there!