Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences have begun and continue through Thursday, September 21, 2018. Remember, all 1st-3rd grades students will be dimissed at 12:45 p.m. and 4th-6th grade students will be dismissed at 1:00 p.m during the conference period. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 12:00 p.m. Please make appropriate transportation and child care arrangements. We look forward to seeing more parents at parent teacher conferences this week.
Our fall break will begin on Monday, September 24th and continue through Monday, October 8th. School will resume on Tuesday, October 9th with a full day of instruction. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 2:30 p.m. and 1st-6th grade students will be dismissed at 2:45 p.m.
Please join us for our monthly ELAC meeting. We will meet on Tuesday, September 18th at 8:30 am in our auditorium! We will be sharing and discussing the different ways parents can become involved in their child’s learning at school. Breakfast will be provided, we hope to see you there!
Please join our Rohr Staff and our PTA for our annual night at McDonald’s. The fun begins on Tuesday, September 18 @ 5:00 p.m. and will end @ 8:00 p.m. Come see your favorite teacher “working” at McDonald’s. Our PTA will be selling McDonald’s $5 Coupon Books in the restaurant lobby. We hope to see all of our families at the McDonalds in the Sunbow Center on E. Palomar.
4th Annual Parent Academy
Save the date! Learn about tools, strategies, and resources to support your child’s success in school. Sessions will include Math, Writing, Reading, ELD, Technology, Health and Wellness, VAPA and more. Breakfast will be provided for all. Our district’s Parent Academy is coming on Saturday, October 13 at Vista Square Elementary from 8:00 am-12:00 pm. Registrationwill begin soon. We hope to see you there!
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, September 17: Parent Conferences-Minimum Day
- Tuesday, September 18:Parent Conferences-Minimum Day/ELAC Meeting in Auditorium (8:30 a.m.)/McTeacher Night (5:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, September 19: Parent Conferences-Minimum Day
- Thursday, September 20: Parent Conferences-Minimum Day/Superstar Awards Assembly K-3rd (8:30 a.m.)/Superstar Awards Assembly (4th-6th) 9:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 21: Parent Conferences-Minimum Day
- September 24-October 8-Fall Break
- October 8-October 12-Sixth Grade Camp
- October 9-Students Return for a Full Day of Learning
Please join us for our monthly ELAC meeting. We will meet on Tuesday, September 18th at 8:30 am in our auditorium! We hope to see you there!
Labor Day Holiday
Rohr is closed today, Monday, September 3rd. We look forward to seeing all our Lions on Tuesday, September 4th for a full day of learning. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 2:30 p.m. and all 1st-6th grade students will be dismissed at 2:45 p.m.
Coffee with the Principal
Join us this Thursday, September 6 in the auditorium at 8:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m. for coffee and treats with Mrs. Williamson! We will discuss current initiatives happening this year at Rohr and having parents share their input on how to make Rohr the best school in the universe. We will see you Thursday!
New Sign-In System in the Office
We are currently transitioning to the updated version of the Visitor Management System. Rohr Elementary School plans to make this transition this Wednesday, September 5, 2018. Even if you were registered in the prior system, starting Wednesday you will need to register again by providing your government issue ID in order to access the campus. Certain documents from other countries may be scanned as well. Once you are registered in the upgraded system you will be able to log-in at any school site in Chula Vista using the site’s Visitor Kiosk and printing a visitor badge. A visitor badge must be worn on our campus at all times. We know you share our goal of keeping our students safe. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Scholastic Book Fair
Our scholastic book fair is coming! Please join us next week September 10-September 14 for our book fair. If you would like to volunteer for the book fair, please stop by the PTA office and let them know you would like to help.
School Site Council Meeting
The School Site Council will meet to discuss the Single Plan for Student Achievement and our current budget. All are welcomed to attend! The meeting will take place on September 12, 2018 @ 7:15 a.m. in room 205.
Snapshot of the Week
- Monday, September 3: Labor Day-No School
- Wednesday, September 5: Safety First ID Cards
- Thursday, September 6: Coffee with the Principal in the auditorium (8: 30 a.m./6:00 p.m.)
- Friday, September 7: Minimum Day
- September 10-Grandparents Day
- September 10-School Book Fair Begins
- September 11-SSC Meeting
- September 11-DAC/DELAC Meeting
- September 13-Parent Conferences Begin
- September 13-ROARing Rally on the Blacktop
- September 18-ELAC Meeting
- September 18-McTeacher Night